Thursday, April 9, 2009

broken bones.


well it was bound to happen...
gabriella broke her radius and ulna in her left forearm.
she was sitting on timeout on a bench 
and she reached for a magazine.

*This is in the er before she got the cast.


she fell and cried for about 2-3 minutes. 
she hadn't had a nap so we just thought she was crying because she was tired...
but 
when she stopped crying jacob asked her to see her arm,
and it was bowed in the wrong direction...
*This is still in the er and she couldn't sit still!!!

we went to the er and she was trying to use it the whole time.
we got a temporary cast and then monday went to the Orthopedic.
they had to reset her bones, which was very painful!
they told us that she has a very high tolerance to pain
and that we really need to be careful and watch her when she gets hurt
in the future.
i will post cast pics. in a bit. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your poor baby girl! I can't believe she is smiling while her arm is bent that way. Did YOU freak out for her? She is quite the trooper. How long does she have to where the cast? I hope you guys enjoy a nice Easter with your family. I will be praying for quick healing for your precious child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....Poor Gabby-bear. She needs her uncle Rob. I sure can relate to the high tolerance of pain, which isn't necessarily a good thing. Miss you guys. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad for Gabs little arm. I know that she will be ok though. We are thinking and praying for her here in Afghanistan. I will be home soon to hug you and hold you Gabby! I love you so much! Happy Easter to you all.

    Love, Papa

    ReplyDelete