Tuesday, November 30, 2010

a preschool feast.

the last day of school before thanksgiving break gabriella's class had a feast.
i am so thankful i can go volunteer in her class on fridays.
i wouldn't trade that time for anything.
they learned about the pilgrims and thanksgiving.
the teacher's had a beautiful centerpiece for the feast.

watching all the kids was very neat to see.
my kids eat very differently than most of the kids at school
our dinner's are filled with lots of talking and cleaning up after themselves, they love napkins, and not too much eating ever really happens on their parts.
well apparently kids do eat without looking around and really clean their plates.
i was smiling the whole time because i was thinking how different dinners would be if my kids ate!
the girls impressed me with the amount they ate at the feast...as if they had to show their classmates they know how to eat.

for dessert they had pumpkin cake, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and these little cuties a mom made. i just love these and would like to try to make them next year with the kids.

being in gabriella's class is always a treat and i love to see her HUGE smile every time i get there to volunteer. it is priceless to see her excitement!

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute...kids eat the food on their plate and sit still and focused on the food?!?! This is shocking news to me. I am not sure how many times I say "sit on your bottom," or hear the words "I don't like it." Many a dinners has Ethan not eaten a single bite. Such a picky eater I have; praying the next one likes food a bit more than him. :)
    Anyway...The photos are so cute. Looks like the girls had a great day. I want to make the oreo turkey's also. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete