Saturday, March 26, 2011

praying.


at every meal we ask who wants to pray and jake always says jake pray.

he refuses to hold our hands anymore because gabriella taught him a while back to cross his fingers and then he puts his head down on his hands.
it's pretty hard to make out what all he says. you can usually hear him utter words like
food, mommy, daddy.
our dinner prayers have gotten really long and i do my very best not to laugh most nights because it's so darn cute to hear them pray and talk to Jesus.
if i'm not laughing i have tears and get choked up because i feel so lucky to hear their sweet words.

things that they are thankful for and the things on their minds.
gabriella has recently started praying really long prayers. sometimes i peek and jake is seated across from her with his little hands crossed and his eyes closed and his head down.
they are very patient with eachother as the other one is praying.

the other night we were getting ready to eat and jake was praying and soon after he started his prayer turned into singing,
"Jesus loves me this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to him belong.
They are weak, but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so!"
it was so cute. this is what was on his heart and i loved every word.

Jacob and i just looked at eachother and smiled when he was done praying.


2 comments:

  1. you have the sweetest children. and that is a reflection of who you are, Sil, and of Jacob. I can't WAIT to be with you all. and hear those sweet prayers for myself. love you so much!

    and i love Gab's pigtails!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this. and I love that they love Jesus and know that He loves them!!
    and the pictures are priceless... such treasured moments.

    ReplyDelete